Wednesday, September 26, 2012

"Seize the Chocolate" Card

I love the "Girlfriends" series stamps by Art Impressions. So when I was asked to make a thank you card for a recipient who had gifted a variety of chocolates and sweets, I jumped at the chance to use the "Girlfriends" My Favorite Things set! I dove into my "favorite things" basket and pulled out this gem from scrappy-go-lucky. It is one of my favorite blogs and their use of copic markers is inspiring.

Unfortunately, I do not have copic markers. I'm still a budget scrapper and inking is very new to me so I haven't had the extra money to start that collection (yet). However, I have colored pencils and an inexpensive set of markers. After admiring Tereesa's, I just had to give it a try and here is the result. . .
Not bad, if I do say so myself. I love Tereesa's store front and I drool over her use of colors! But I also really like the embossing I did for my awning and store. I did feel like my store lacked a little definition and just before dropping off the card, I grabbed a pen out of my car and drew a few lines. It looked really good, but I didn't have time to snap a picture of the final product.

On the inside of the card, the shelf of sweets slightly overlaps the window because I wanted it to look like they were right in the window. The sweets are covered in stickles, so they look delicious up close and the shelf is lined with an enamel gel I found at Michael's.

I love the embossed pattern on this page. I think it looks like wallpaper a boutique would use. Cutting the sweets out was a little tricky and took some patience. But. . . I can't wait to do it all again!!!
The shelf and the sentiment were both popped up using the thinnest foam adhesives I own. I popped up the sentiment at the top of the page so that the card closed the same distance at the top and bottom.
The sender of the card hand wrote:


The treats were yummy!
You were so "sweet" to think of me.

This one was really fun to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment