Saturday, August 18, 2012

Scrapbook Expo

These pictures are from my first Scrapbook Expo in 2011 - it was awesome! It was held at the Gwinnett Center in Duluth, Georgia.  Last year I mostly just walked around for a couple of hours and visited the booths.  I learned so much in such a short period of time and the deals and items for purchase were amazing.  My town only has 2 arts and crafts stores, so you can imagine my disappointment when I missed the Expo this year.
Below is a picture of the only 'make & take' I participated in. It was at the Scrapbook Fun Addicts booth. My dragon came out a little cross-eyed, so I added the googlie eyes when I got home.

I bought a few set of stamps. .. (I can't remember the name of the booth, I think it was Tall Mouse, but I could be wrong.)
Then I bought more stamps from Close to my Heart. They were a little more expensive than what I'm use to, but I hear they are made of a wonderful quality and I've enjoyed them.
Then I picked up a ton of brads and eyelets (this is just a few of them) from the Eyelet Outlet and the round & square things (I forget what they are called) in the bottom right corner came from another vendor.  Love, love, love these for ribbon.
There were a lot of booths dedicated to scrapbook pages. They certainly sparked my desire to get back to scrapbooking. I originally bought my cricut for scrapbooking, but I have drifted more towards cards and other projects lately. ( I have a bit of a love affair with my cricut machine.)

All this talk about the Expo has me jonesing for another show.  Maybe I should take a peak on the web to see what's nearby. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment